Find a topic

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 31 Oct 2018 10:10 AM by  Peter Donker
What is the DNN-Connect/DocBrowser module?
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Laurence Neville

--
30 Oct 2018 03:09 PM
    I am intrigued ....what is the DNN-Connect/DocBrowser module on GitHub (https://github.com/DNN-Connect/DocBrowser)?

It looks like a module for displaying documentation, with the source being markdown files. The example content is DNN Platform documentation but as Markdown, rather than the original RST format.

I am interested because I am looking at making a module myself for viewing DocFx-generated documentation (which also uses Markdown), and some Google search brought me to this module.

Can Peter and David say a bit more about the project?
    Peter Donker

Association Member

--
    31 Oct 2018 10:10 AM
    Good catch. It's work in progress. And sadly it will not be used for what it was intended. It is a byproduct of the DNN Docs team of which I'm a part. The idea was to gather all documentation in one github repo and then auto generate the documentation online from that using this module. Clone the repo into a specified folder and the module converts this to online content which should be quite fast.

As we progressed with the project we've now opted for a different approach so this has now become obsolete. It's how these things go. It was a nice exercise for me in any case.

Feel free to benefit from this work. I'll be mothballing it but it'll stay on Github (but probably marked as archived).
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Hosting liberally provided by